The Ideafarms Design Thinking Introduction and Sensitisation workshop provides participants a hands-on experience of the power of design thinking in their context.
Spread over two days, the workshop introduces participants to the methodology and tools of Design Thinking. Participants work through a problem statement to get a hands-on feel of the process and walk away knowing why it’s important to think from the customer’s point of view.
On day one, participants are sensitized to Design Thinking and why it is relevant in the present day. Participants are guided through group and individual exercises and work on a ‘challenge’, to get a feel of the methodology and the mind-set required to practice it. Real world examples and case studies are discussed to illustrate key concepts. Day one wraps up with a Q&A & feedback session.
On day two, participants get an introduction to a few tools of Design Thinking. Continuing to work in groups, participants use Empathy Maps to gain a deeper insight into the user and immerse themselves in the user’s environment. Participants then collaboratively create a Customer Journey Map to piece together the entire experience from the user’s standpoint.
The last segment of the workshop is an open Q&A to discuss the way forward for incorporating design thinking to solve challenges facing the organisation. By the end of the session a high level roadmap is developed which may include a custom mix of masterclasses and embedded interventions for culture change.
You’ll walk away knowing why:
- Design Thinking and Design are not the same thing
- It’s important to think from the customer’s point of view
- Interdisciplinary ideation improves the quality and velocity of ideas
- Building to think and testing your ideas is a good thing
- Design Thinking is a good strategy
- ~5 years of functional experience.
- An open mind
Ideal for non-designers:
Organizational leaders, product managers, developers and cross-functional teams who want or need to unite for greater impact.
Organised into a series of half day capsules spanning multiple weeks, masterclasses are designed to help participants absorb the philosophy of Design Thinking and incorporate it into their work.
WHAT IS DESIGN THINKING?
- is a proven and repeatable problem solving protocol that any business or profession can employ.
- combines creative and critical thinking that allows information and ideas to be organized, decisions to be made, situations to be improved, and knowledge to be gained. It’s a mindset focused on solutions and not the problem.